Forum CSTB. Telecom & Media’2018
(30 January - 01 February 2018, Crocus Expo Centre, pavilion 2)
Experts in television and telecommunications are invited to make presentations at the International Forum CSTB Telecom & Media’2018.
Your presentation can have the form of a business model with a solution, a technical document, or an overview of a technology/application. Please complete the application form for speakers; the applications will be considered by the expert board of the Forum. Should the proposed presentation be accepted, the Forum Organizers will contact you for further details.
Please note: presentations are not subject to any fee.
THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT AN APPLICATION, IF IT DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS, OR IF THERE IS NO TIME SLOT AVAILABLE AT THIS PARTICULAR SECTION.
Promotional presentations are not accepted into the core program of the Forum. Please contact the Organizers if you wish to make a promotional presentation, or get a sponsorship package.
APPLICATIONS FROM SPEAKERS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY 01 DECEMBER 2017
To submit a paper please contact the Organizers.
DETAILED SCHEDULE OF PRESENTATIONS WILL BE PUBLISHED ON THE WEBSITE AT THE END OF DECEMBER.
ROUND TABLE "Strategy for the business development of free-to-air and pay-TV channels in different ways of distribution”
30, January, 2018, 12:00 Crocus Expo, pavilion 2 during the International Exhibition CSTB. Telecom & Media’2018
Number of guests at the event - 600 people.
- Yuri Pripachkin, President of Russian Cable TV Association
- Yana Churikova, Head of MTV Russia
Speakers to invite:
- Alexey Volin, Deputy Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation
- Alexey Efimov, General Director, Channel One Russia Worldwide
- Alexey Kholodov, CEO, Tricolor TV
- Mikhail Silin, VP, Russian Cable TV Association
- Mikhail Kovalchuk, CEO, Signal Media
- Mikhail Demin, CEO, NTV-PLUS
- Kirill Lysko, CEO, Digital TV Russia
- Kirill Makhnovskiy, CEO, Orion Express
- Natalia Bratchikova, Head of Marketing, Fixed Business and TV Department, MTS
- Dmitry Mednikov, Deputy CEO of VGTRK (RTR)
- Elena Balmont, Head of VIACOM Russia, Ukraine, CIS and Baltic States
- Olga Paskina, CEO, National Media Group
- Nickolay Orlov, Regional VP, Eutelsat S.A.
- Ksenia Achkasova, TV Research Director, MediaScope
- Valentina Udalova, Programme Distribution Network Director, First Channel
- Zharkyn Tursynov, Managing Partner, LifeStream
- Victor Romanchuk, Director of Mass Market Segment Division, Rostelecom
- Alexander Liger, Deputy General Director, NSK
- Kirill Filipov, CEO, SPB TV
Issues to be discussed:
- Shift of subscribers’ interest towards non-linear TV. New opportunities for interactive TV monetization.
- Media measurements and personification of advertising. BIG TV Rating.
- The problem of illegal TV channels broadcasting in the OTT environment.
- Factors to stimulate demand for operators’ services.
The second OTT Future Forum, part of CSTB, will cover key matters across the OTT TV and VOD industry:
- Size of the OTT/VOD market — estimated results of 2017
- Business in the new regulatory environment of 2017: ‘mirror websites’, ‘digital video distribution certificates’, ‘audio visual services’, etc.
- Market trends: competition, consolidation, collaboration, convergence
- OTT TV and VOD market drivers. Advertising-based and payment models
- Broadcasting the national TV channels in OTT. Unresolved matters: rights, measurement, technologies
- VOD operator — how should this market appear?
- Business’ demands to the regulator: matters waiting for a regulatory solution
- Success stories: best cases in the OTT TV/VOD market in 2017
EXCELLENCE IN ESTABLISHING AND DEVELOPING A TOPICAL TV CHANNEL. BUILDING A TV BRAND
- Building a broadcast schedule using in-house and third-party content
- Organizing the production process
- Creating a distinctive image of the TV channel, and ‘raising’ the stars
- Audit of the channel’s content: learning from mistakes
- Programs localization quality; visual and audio arrangement
- Case studies of the Bolshaya Tsifra (Big Digit) National Award runners: expert panel to discuss and review the programs submitted to the national contest, with its official award ceremony held a day earlier.
REGIONAL OPERATORS’ FORUM
- Implementing the Yarovaya Laws in real life
- Non-discriminatory access to residential buildings
- Operator’s perspective on TV viewing
- Novelty/originality of the content: just how new should it be?
- Management systems for the network control.
IS ULTRA HD AN INDISPENSABLE STAGE IN TV DEVELOPMENT?
- Business drivers of the format
- Practice of organizing the work process and production in 4K. Challenges and results
- Advantages and disadvantages of various delivery environments and protocols. Content protection systems
- Current rollout and future prospects in the domestic and international markets.
CURRENT TRENDS AND EMERGENCE OF NEW AR, VR AND MR TECHNOLOGIES
- What is the difference between VR, AR and MR?
- The future of the film industry with the advent of VR
- 360° broadcasting of sports events
- Commercial opportunities of VR and AR in the telecommunications environment
- How added reality can shape the mainstream TV
- How AR/VR is transforming the consumption of children’s content
MULTISERVICE SATELLITE NETWORKS AND VSAT.
UP-AND-COMING SATELLITE COMMUNICATION AND BROADCAST TECHNOLOGIES IN THE CONTEXT OF THE RUSSIAN MARKET
Session 1. New satellite broadcast technologies and standards. Integration of satellite broadcast and innovative services
- Interactive offers as a growth driver for platforms of direct satellite broadcast
- Outside broadcasting
- On-board entertainment (rail, aircraft, ship) as a market segment with upside potential.
- New broadcast coding, progressive modulations, etc.
Session 2. Points of growth in the satellite communication market. Are global trends applicable to the Russian market? What should domestic operators do to capture promising satellite communication markets?
- Vehicular communication market (communication with sea and river ships, rail cars, automotive vehicles): the provider’s perspective
- Role of the satellite communication in IoT and М2М development.
- Non-GEO satellite systems: competition or synergy?
- Non-satellite communication systems: aerostats, air drones
- Promising B2B satellite services and their growth in the Russian market
- State programs as a driver in the satellite communication segment.
HIGH-TECH DATACASTING: INNOVATIVE TV PRODUCTION AND BROADCASTING TECHNOLOGIES
- Which new generation technologies will have the greatest impact on the infrastructure of domestic broadcasters in the coming years?
- Transition from in-studio equipment to IP-commutation. Which technological solutions are most appropriate for domestic broadcasters?
- Pros and cons of cloud technologies and virtual servers in the TV industry. Virtual studios and cloud TV as an alternative to big-budget technologies
- Innovative solutions and technologies for the production of TV content
- New digital TV broadcasting technologies and services
CASE-MARATHON: MARKETING ACTIVITIES OF NATION-WIDE OPERATORS AND BROADCASTERS
The section will present the most outstanding, large-scale and creative marketing cases of operators and TV channels targeting their viewers and subscribers, implemented either in Moscow (involving the major operators), or across the Russian regions and abroad. The cases will be demonstrated through pre-moderated brief 10-minute presentations, thus ensuring an interesting and memorable show for the participants.
Lawyers and legal experts will talk about the changes introduced into the laws along with the development of the TV and telecom market.
You will have the opportunity to ask your questions, and get advice on your specific cases.
PLEASE NOTE: ATTENDING THE FORUM IS SUBJECT TO ENTRANCE FEE.
WE ASK YOU TO REGISTER IN ADVANCE AND PROVIDE US WITH THE CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT
OF THE ENTRANCE FEE.
The registration for the Forum will open in mid-November.
For more information, please contact:
Manager of the Forum
Phone: +7 499 551 99 80, ext. 302
Head of the Forum
Phone: +7 499 551 99 80, ext. 120